Wei is currently a Principal Data Scientist at OpenPath, Culver City, CA from 2019-07 developing new generation AI enabled smart access control device. He was a Senior Data Scientist at Inspire Energy, Santa Monica, CA from 2015-11 to 2019-06 working on data analytics, optimization, and predictive modeling. Wei was a staff firmware engineer at Western Digital from 2014-01 to 2015-11 developing adaptive filtering and sensor fusion algorithms for active hard drive vibration control.
Wei received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of Central Florida, FL in Dec 2013, master in Electrical Engineering from Boston University, MA in May 2009, and bachelor in Automation from Tongji University, Shanghai, China in Jun 2007. Wei is also a 2003 alumni of Xiaoshi Middle School, Ningbo, Zhejiang, China.
Wei's research focus includes artificail intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, multi-agent systems, game theory, and optimization.
Wei currently lives in Los Angeles, CA with his wife, Kun Li, daughter, Kemi, and son, Yukai.
- Wei Lin, Chaoyong Li, Zhihua Qu, and Marwan Simaan, “Distributed Formation Control with Open-Loop Nash Strategy”, Automatica, vol.106, pp.266-273, 2019 Link
- Wei Lin, Zhihua Qu, and Marwan Simaan, “Nash strategies for pursuit-evasion differential games involving limited observations”, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 1347-1356, 2015 Link
- Wei Lin, “Distributed UAV formation control using differential game approach”, Aerospace Science and Technology, vol. 35, pp. 54-62, 2014 Link
- Ali Maknouninejad, Wei Lin, Hendro Harno, Zhihua Qu, and Marwan Simaan, “Cooperative control for self-organizing microgrids and game strategies for optimal dispatch of distributed renewable generations”, Energy Systems, vol. 3 no. 1, pp. 23-60, 2012 Link
- Wei Lin, Zhihua Qu, and Marwan Simaan, “Distributed game strategy design with application to multi-agent formation control”, IEEE 53rd Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 433-438, 2014 Link
- Wei Lin, Zhihua Qu, and Marwan Simaan, “Multi-pursuer single-evader differential games with limited observations”, American Control Conference (ACC), pp. 2711-2716, 2013 Link
- Ali Maknouninejad, Wei Lin, and Zhihua Qu, “Optimum design and analysis of the cooperative control, applied to the distributed generators control in smart grids”, IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), pp. 1-6, 2013 Link
- Wei Lin, Zhihua Qu, and Marwan Simaan, “A Design of entrapment strategies for the distributed pursuit-evasion game”, 18th IFAC World Congress, pp. 9334-9339, 2011 Link
- Wei Lin, Zhihua Qu, Marwan Simaan, “A design of distributed nonzero-sum Nash strategies”, 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), pp. 6305-6310, 2010 Link
- Wei Lin, “Differential Games For Multi-agent Systems Under Distributed Information”, University of Central Florida, Dec 2013 Link
- Wei Lin and Michael Caramanis, “Optimal Energy Purchase in different Markets for Electric Automobile”, Boston University, 2009 Link